import/export...and everything in between

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Placebo Live At Nokia Theater

First of all, let's start with the Nokia Theater sucks. Its not loud enough and its just weird. Now to the actual show...I missed She Wants a Refund for a reason, I didn't want to hang myself with my own t shirt before Placebo went on.

Placebo were good but not great. Brian now looks like a football hooligan with a shaved head and shirt and tie. I like the androgynous Brian WAY more. Plus, they had 3 extra guys on stage playing guitar, keyboard, backing vocal BLAH BLAH. It was better when they did it themselves.

They played a ton of new stuff...which was good but I would have liked to have heard some of the more classic tunes. Opening with Infra Red and going straight into Meds was awesome and got the crowd buzzing a bit. Throughout the night they did two encores even though the crowd was a bit boring except for the few cool ones in the front row going mental. The highlights were Special K where Brian encouraged the crowd to sing along to the ba ba ba ba ba ba dah dah part, Every Me Every You and Taste In Men.

The weird thing is they are a BETTER live band now but I'll take the Without You I'm Nothing tour over this one. Still, the band are fucking brilliant...



NY Broad x

No comments: