import/export...and everything in between

Monday, June 23, 2008

Boy George Is Denied His U.S. Visa

It seems that getting in trouble for drugs in the States will most certainly stay with you for a while. With an upcoming tour, Boy George has been denied his visa to come into the country and it isn't determined if the tour will be canceled or postponed.

Speaking to Paper Magazine, George said the following: "I'm pretty devastated because I am so excited about this forthcoming tour and having my visa application denied seems unfair after I swept the streets of New York spotless. There are a number of public figures who are openly using drugs and they have no problem with immigration and I have seriously turned my life around and I feel great right now and this is just another reminder of how bad things were. I committed a crime and I happily paid the consequences and I should be allowed to move on and get on with what I do best and that is performing and making people dance and cry!"

Here are the tour dates (if they are still happening!):

Aspen, CO, Belly Up – July 10
Las Vegas, NV, House of Blues - 11
San Diego, CA, Concerts In The Park - 12
Anaheim, CA, The Grove Of Anaheim - 13
Los Angeles, CA, El Rey Theatre - 15
Los Angeles, CA, El Rey Theatre - 16
Reno, NV, Grand Sierra - 17
San Francisco, CA, Regency Center Grand Ballroom - 18
Seattle, WA, Showbox - 20
Vancouver, BC, The Commodore Ballroom - 21
Calgary, AB, Flames Central - 22
Edmonton, AB, Edmonton Events Centre - 23
Miami, FL, Club Cinema - 25
Orlando, FL, Hard Rock Hotel Orlando - 26
Tampa Bay, FL, Jannus Landing - 27
N. Myrtle Beach, SC, House of Blues - 29
Washington, DC, 9:30 Club - 30
Philadelphia, PA, Keswick Theatre – August 1
Atlantic City, NJ, House of Blues - 3
Long Island, NY, Theatre at Westbury - 5
Chicago, IL, House of Blues - 7
Toronto, ON, Kool Haus - 10
Montreal, QC, Metropolis - 12
Boston, MA, Wilbur Theatre - 13
New York, NY, Terminal 5 - 14
Atlanta, GA, Center Stage - 19
Austin, TX, Stubb's BBQ - 21
Houston, TX, Verizon Wireless Theater - 22
Dallas, TX, House of Blues - 23

No comments: