import/export...and everything in between

Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Killers Not So Secret Show

The Killers played a nice little show at Webster Hall that had everyone screaming and going mental on Friday. Now, I've always dug them but these kids were going insane for them...It was refreshing to see so much energy in one place.

The setlist was:
Sam's Town
When You Were Young
Somebody Told Me
Smile Like You Mean It
Bones
Bling
Read My Mind
Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
Midnight
All These Things That I've Done

Encore:
My List
Uncle Johnny
Mr. Brightside


Although the new stuff seemed good...it didnt really compare to the old tunes. Although, When You Were Young grew on me so much so you never know...I could come back and say its my favorite album of the year. Regardless, it was a good show apart from the cheap Christmas lights as decor and Brandon Flowers trying to be the equivalent of a mariachi band leader.

Sam's Town comes out on October 3rd...my advice would be to pick up a copy and give it multiple listens...I think you'll dig it.

NY Broad x


No comments: