import/export...and everything in between

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Monkey Music Prize

The Mercury Music Prize this year has gone to the most obvious choice, The Arctic Monkeys. Usually the prize has nothing to do with album sales...but this time I am sure the hype had a bit of an influence. Granted this album is still out of my favorite albums of the year so good for them.

The other nominees were:

Arctic Monkeys - 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not'
Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan - 'Ballad Of The Broken Seas'
Editors - 'The Back Room'
Guillemots - 'Through The Windowpane'
Richard Hawley - 'Coles Corner'
Hot Chip - 'The Warning'
Muse - 'Black Holes & Revelations'
Zoe Rahman - 'Melting Pot'
Lou Rhodes - 'Beloved One'
Scritti Politti - 'White Bread Black Beer'
Sway - 'This Is My Demo'
Thom Yorke - 'The Eraser'

Alex Turner, singer of the Arctic Monkeys did add, "Somebody call 999, Richard Hawley's been robbed!"...funny man.

NY Broad x

No comments: