import/export...and everything in between

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lily Allen Sets The Record Straight

Lily Allen isn't very happy about the British tabloids talking about her new show Lily Allen and Friends. Blogging yesterday, she sets the record straight about what actually happened and other things.

Ok so I wrote the longest blog yesterday and then I lost it because I'm a twat, but I'm writing you one now on my brand new MacBook air. I just got in from an exhibition opening, 100 years of Vanity Fair at the National Portrait Gallery, well actually it wasn't 100 years of Vanity Fair, but if they'd waited 5 more years then it would have been. I can't believe it's been going since 1913, amazing really. The Mac Book's pretty cool, it is so light it's quite unbelievable, I wonder where they'll go next, I don't see how they can get any smaller.
I went to a fashion show this morning and saw some old friends, which was nice, I have been venturing out the last week or so, trying to get back to normality after what has been a rocky start to the year. I went to a pre-bafta party on Saturday with my friend George that was so lovely, he is a wonderful friend and I will always be grateful for his being there. I plan to go to a few things this week, it's fashion week here in London, so there's a lot going on, and hopefully it will be a fun week.
My TV show recording went really well on Friday, I was shitting it but I'm really happy with the results, our guests Cuba Gooding Junior and David Mitchell were fabulous and the audience were great too, standing in a hot studio for two hours watching fluff my lines is not my idea of fun , but they seemed to enjoy it . Thank you to the ever supportive Mail on Sunday for their glittering and rave review of the recording , they insinuated a third of the audience left because they were bored of the content of the show , when infact , due to it being the FIRST show we've done we ran over a little and naturally a small number of the audience had to catch the last trains back to wherever they came from . I can't imagine the " undercover journalist " who broke into the studio ever had the intention of being positive about it though , obviously .
Anyway , that was fun , I was knackered over the weekend though cause I've been working in the studio doing the album , trying to finish it by the end of the month , and then getting back and ploughing through all these books that I have to read . I decided to take up the offer of being one of the judges for "The Orange Book Prize for Fiction" , I have three more books to finish by the end of the week , having read roughly twenty already . Alfie (my little brother) is busy on tour with Equus (a play) and I wasn't expecting to see him for a while , so it was a lovely surprise when he woke me up on Sunday afternoon , I slept till two o'clock! , my mum had made a roast chicken and it was entirely pleasant spending the afternoon together , we watched the football and then he was gone , off to Glasgow for the next leg of the tour . I am so proud of him , his reviews have been brilliant and he really is fantastic on the stage . I went to see him in Chichester and I was so proud I cried , I miss you Alf . He has been such a good brother to me and I love him.
One last bit of exciting news, I have been miserable lately so I bought myself a new car. It may arrive by the end of the week so something to look forward to. Life is funny isn't it? To think that a Mac Book or a car is going to be the thing to make you feel better . Something will, soon I hope
I'll leave you with this, an advert for EDF energy, the song makes me momentarily happy, I have done some research and it turns out it was originally written for Kermit the Frog my Joe Raposo the composer for sesame street. I love it.

No comments: