import/export...and everything in between

Friday, September 28, 2007

Bat For Lashes Live @ Bowery Ballroom

Before I headed over to see Kate Nash at Joe's Pub I decided at the last minute to see Bat For Lashes at Bowery Ballroom. I think it could have been one of the best decisions I have ever made it my life because I was so blown away.

Natasha Khan goes from one instrument to another with such grace...and that voice! That voice sent shivers down my spine for a straight hour as I watched in awe with silence so golden that a pin could drop and it would sound like a jackhammer.

Mostly everything was played for Fur and Gold and it sounded even better live then it does on album. When Sarah was played Natasha banged a stick on a huge wooden board contraption and combined with the bass drum it made the most magical sound. Even the hand claps when they played "Prescilla" sounded perfect.

I don't think I have ever been so converted in an hour. Welcome to the cult of Natasha Khan


Photo credit: Mediaeater

No comments: