import/export...and everything in between

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Jarvis Can Waste My Time, Anytime

It seems like only yesterday when I was a little BritPop, twee tween when I bought my first Pulp album. After the first sultry coos of "Common People" I was done for. Jarvis Cocker had taken my teen crush virginity and had smashed both Paul McCartney (the Beatle years, duh) and JTT (the Home Improvement years, duh) out of my life.

Now that Pulp is officially(??) dead and his solo career(??) is afoot, let's get back to drooling over Sheffield's finest (sorry, Alex Turner).

Exhibit A: "Don't Let Him Waste Your Time", The Video.

More dry comedy about shitty boyfriends, helpful cabbies and running over the city gentry.



Exhibit B: Jarvis Cocker: The NYLON Interview

My favourite magazine (yup, I said it) gets deceitfully domestic with Jarvis.... the killer.

It's big, I'm sorry!


Page 2

Exhibit C: I Spy: Jarvis Tour Dates

Do him and yourself a favour and go to one of these shows. For those of you lucky bastards in NY and SF and Vancouver, you must go. Please go and stretch your arms out in comfortable delight and imagine me sweating in a 400 capacity tent just chilling in the desert with 800 of my closest friends. Bastards.

Sun - Apr 22 Jarvis Cocker @ Webster Hall, New York, NY
Mon - Apr 23 Jarvis Cocker @ Webster Hall, NYC, NY
Fri - Apr 27 Jarvis Cocker @ COACHELLA, Indio, CA
Sat - Apr 28 Jarvis Cocker @ Fillmore, San Francisco, CA
Mon - Apr 30 Jarvis Cocker @ Showbox, Seattle, WA
Tue - May 01 Jarvis Cocker @ Commodore, Vancouver, BC

Get tickets at Ticketmaster here.

The Verdict:

"Cunts Are Running The World" (download this. NOW.)

Well said, Jarvis. Only a true pop icon could get away with that and still get paid.

In summation, his solo effort could be the springboard of something akin to Morrissey, only sexier and more fun. Let's let him know we care. Jarvis will be out on April 3, but you can pre-order it here.



x, LA Broad

No comments: