import/export...and everything in between

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Our Bovine Jarmans

So, I'm going to get all Ricky Wilson on you guys and gush about a band that is probably my favourite UK band to come out in the last 2 years. Yes, I am talking about Wakefield's own, The Cribs. Basically: they're fucking great. Ryan chugs a can of beer as part of their live act! While playing guitar! and barely ever changes his clothes! Ross stands on his stool whilst drumming! Gary plays bass! Uh, you get my point...

They also know how to pick producers. Their second album The New Fellas (yes, second, check out their first self-titled release here, smartass) was produced by Orange Juice frontman Edywn Collins and now they've got another great Scot (wow, can't believe I just typed that) helming their soon to be released third album, who is none other than Alex Kapranos.

There's been bits and blurbs about what's going on with this next album. For one thing, here in the states it will be released on Warner Brothers. I mean, I'm happy for them and all, but I can't help having this sinking sensation that somehow WB isn't going to make three northern brothers that make grating guitar power pop at the top of their priority list. But, let's hope for the best.

Here's a clip of the brothers Jarman at the recent NME Awards talking about... well, I'm not sure because a. they're from Wakefield and b. I don't have sound. So, enjoy it for me....




ALSO!! Did any of their MySpace friends see the post about "Our Bovine Public" getting a preview, limited time only MP3 release? That shit's not on their page. I am buuuumed! If anyone has info on where I can find it, comment below.

Ah, one more thing.... here's a reminder of last year's "appearance" by Ryan. He. Fucking. Rules.



Ta.

x, LA Broad

No comments: