import/export...and everything in between

Monday, June 25, 2007

White Stripes Rock The Fillmore (aka Irving Plaza)

Last Tuesday was a day for celebration! Icky Thump, their new release came out and to make everyone happy the band did a special show at Irving Plaza.

It was absolutely brilliant, the set list was unreal and the band were the way I remembered them...fun, talented and not the same band that I could ever see at Madison Square Garden. Plus, the crowd went MENTAL when Meg got up to sing "Cold, Cold Night".

Here is the setlist:
01 "When I Hear My Name"
02 "Dead Leaves"
03 "Icky Thump"
04 "Cannon"
05 "John The Revelator"
06 "My Doorbell"
07 "I’m Slowly Turning Into You"
08 "Jolene" (cut short)
09 "Hotel Yorba"
10 "I Think I Smell A Rat" (Jack teases "Misirlou")
11 "Effect And Cause"
12 "Apple Blossom"
13 "Same Boy You’ve Always Known"
14 "Catch Hell Blues"
15 "St. James Infirmary Blues"
16 "Cold, Cold Night"
17 "I Want to be the Boy to Warm Your Mother’s Heart"
18 "You’ve Got Her In Your Pocket"
19 "Astro"
20 "Union Forever" (lyric tease to "Little Cream Soda")
++ Jack's caffeinated NYC sightseeing day*
21 "Blackjack Davey"
22 "Black Math"
23 "Let's Build A Home"
----
23 "Blue Orchid"
++ Jack's squirrely standup#
24 "A Martyr For My Love For You"
25 "I Don't Know What To Do With Myself"
26 "Ball And A Biscuit"
27 "Bo Weevil"

(via The Modern Age)

If only the world could have seen this show. All I know is that it made me fall in love with Jack and Meg all over again.

NY Broad x


Photo Credit: Victoria Belanger

No comments: