import/export...and everything in between

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bobby Gillespie Says No To Late Music

According to NME.com, Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream has joined a campaign with his neighbours to ban a local pub extending its hours because they play loud music late into the night.

"There was a live percussionist playing along with the records, the sound was of a very high frequency which reverberated into my bedroom and my children's bedroom. I found the repetitiveness disturbing and I was unable to sleep because of it," states a letter apparently written by Gillespie.

Gillespie also added that a licence extension would mean that the pub was "disturbing the peace of our beautiful street and attracting noisy, drunk people to our area leaving the premises or coming into the area looking for a late-night drink - who are incidentally just [as loud] if not louder than the music being played".

I guess thats what happens when you have kids? Now I know if my local pub was blasting Xterminator I'd have a bit of a problem if I was trying to sleep...

NY Broad x

No comments: